Friday, September 11, 2009

1 Cor chapter 2

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Paul being known as a confident man & very courageous said something like tat which all christians can identify themselves with:

"I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling, my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom,
but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God"

Sad to say, most christians always wait for the right moment or when we are very sure or when we are courageous to share the gospel or special occassions,
BUT look at what Paul said again. It is actually nothing wrong to be like him, he is also a human being like us after all who needs God's Spirit & Power to preach God's Word,
So can we rely on our own knowledge to do it?? to lead a group of people? to lead CG? to tell gospel whether to children, youth or adult?
The answer will be NO... not without God's Spirit & Power for apart from Him we can do nothing.

Just a simple yet challenging thought inspired from His Word... Hope to encourage you!

No comments:

Post a Comment